This post is authored by Christa F. a very successful implementor of email marketing for her cleaning service company.
Every business needs to reach out to more customers and they need to do this on a regular basis. Fortunately, modern marketing and advertising methods are no longer as expensive, time-consuming, and risky as traditional marketing techniques. Ever since the benefits of email marketing were discovered, it seems like every small business owner now stands a good chance of reaching out to a much bigger audience than ever before.
Here are the main reasons you should use email marketing to boost your business:
- It’s cost-effective. There’s no need to pay employees, designers, or marketing analysts to send email messages to customers. There are also no printing and postal mailing costs, and whatever expenses you will incur will surely not match the required budget for newspaper ads and television commercials.
- It is very easy to do. All that a small business owner needs is a good email platform and a service offering email templates that can be customized for a company’s specific needs. Even acquiring the email addresses of customers is not so hard if you have a website and you offer freebies to your website visitors if they will subscribe to your newsletter.
- It’s very quick. If you’re a small business owner, you can compose an email message in the morning and send it to thousands of recipients before lunch. No kidding.
- You can reach anyone from anywhere in the world. There are no boundaries at all, and people all over the world can get your email at the same time. You will get a faster response time too as 74% of smartphone users check their email using their mobile device.
- You can personalize your messages. You can do this in a lot of ways. To begin with, you can use the recipient’s name on your message. The topic of your email could also be connected with the web pages the email recipient has been visiting on your website, or you can send news about certain products that a customer has bought from your store before. You can send email messages to just those who are living in Hawaii or those who belong to a certain age demographic. You can also write separate messages to appeal different customer profiles.
- Results can be tracked. It’s not always easy to find out just how effective your TV or newspaper ad campaigns are. But you can track the performance of your email messages. You can find out which headers enticed the recipients to open your email and you can also find out which recipients clicked on the links you included in your message.
- Your emails can be shared to others. Just as you can send an email message to thousands of people, each of your recipients can also share your email to their friends. For example, if you emailed them about a special discount or sale, or news about an exciting product launch, this person may share this exclusive info to all their friends who are also interested in what you have to offer.
If you are a small business owner or you make money online, you simply cannot overlook the benefits of email marketing. Try it and see the difference that it can make to your bottom line.